My blog

Hi everyone, this is my first attempt at blogging, please be patient with me. I have always been passionately interested in science and always been a committed Christian who believes in the creative power of God, and I honestly believe that the two are not mutually exclusive. I would like to use this blog to explore this relationship.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Thoughts about Thanksgiving Day

Yesterday, October 10, 2010, was Thanksgiving Day Sunday here in Canada.  My wife and I attended church--it was decorated with harvested food--apples, potatoes and of course pumpkins, and lots of colourful leaves all over the place.  We sang the songs, listened to the sermon, offered up prayers for those of our friends and families who needed them, and thought about all the blessings in our lives.  I cannot but thrill in the beauty of nature at this time of year.  This is the world we live in and ours not to spoil.  After the service we shared refreshments and reflections with each other.  One young lad showed his Mom what he had done in Sunday school class, very amazing and beautiful work.  There was a poem in his work:

There's power in the ocean and there's power in me.
Just like the tiny acorn that rows to be a tree,
Whose branches reach to heaven for all the world to see,
When I reach up to thee, Lord, I'll become what I'm supposed to be.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=what+a+wonderful+world+louis+armstrong&docid=234113597909&mid=807D207650324525BD18807D207650324525BD18&FORM=LKVR34#

This is a wonderful song by the great Louis Armstrong, accompanied by Kenny G.  Seems appropriate.


No comments: