My blog

Hi everyone, this is my first attempt at blogging, please be patient with me. I have always been passionately interested in science and always been a committed Christian who believes in the creative power of God, and I honestly believe that the two are not mutually exclusive. I would like to use this blog to explore this relationship.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hubble deep-space

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=hubble+images&qpvt=hubble+images&mid=B66BD2618C9ED0E8F8F9B66BD2618C9ED0E8F8F9&FORM=LKVR10#

When I was a kid I fell in love with astronomy.  I had no idea what a light-year was but when I found out--for the record it's the distance that light, which travels at 186,000 miles a second, moves in a year, and that the nearest star, other than the sun, is 4 light-years away, I became infatuated.  I became further awe-struck when I learned that our galaxy alone is made up of millions of stars, and that there are millions of galaxies. . .As a Christian who believes that God the Creator has created all things I am completely blown away.  This is my God, our God, who cares deeply for me, for all of us.  All-powerful, all-knowing and all-loving.

No comments: