My blog

Hi everyone, this is my first attempt at blogging, please be patient with me. I have always been passionately interested in science and always been a committed Christian who believes in the creative power of God, and I honestly believe that the two are not mutually exclusive. I would like to use this blog to explore this relationship.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

St. Francis Day, October 3.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rev-dr-james-a-kowalski/st-francis-the-power-of-l_b_747919.html

We celebrate today the work of St. Francis of Assisi, who dedicated his life about a thousand years ago to looking after the animals.  St. Francis was a very wise man and would teach us a lot about stewardship if only we would listen.  In the wake of so many disasters (the Gulf oil-rig explosion is an example), pollution of other kinds (water, air), species extinction and man-caused imbalances of nature we really should learn while there is still time.

No comments: