My blog

Hi everyone, this is my first attempt at blogging, please be patient with me. I have always been passionately interested in science and always been a committed Christian who believes in the creative power of God, and I honestly believe that the two are not mutually exclusive. I would like to use this blog to explore this relationship.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Rainbow Bridge

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

We lost our little dog Sparky last night.  His soul left his body at about midnight and he's now free of whatever demons caused him pain and suffering in his last days.  He was only two and a half years old by the calendar and was a joy to have in our family.  He was very affectionate towards everyone and regularly tried to clean my toe-jam, my ears, what have you.  If he was left alone in the house for even 30 minutes while we went to do grocery shopping, he told us off loudly on our return.  BARK BARK BARK BARK at Karen, at me, until we were sufficiently chastised.  When the kids got home from school, big greetings.  When friends came by, big greetings.  He loved to play and would chase whatever toy we would throw for him, and if we threw another while he was coming back with the first one, he would drop toy 1 and go after toy 2.  He loved everyone and tolerated the Cats as they tolerated him.  Until they got too close to his toys.  Then BARK BARK BARK BARK!  We don't know why he got sick and died but at least he's out of pain now.  And we will forever remember him.

3 comments:

Huw Collingbourne said...

So sorry about Sparky. As you probably know, my beautiful dog Bethan died on Thursday so I share your deep sense of loss.

Alex said...

Over the rainbow bridge together, waiting for the day their humans join them. Thanks Huw.

Anonymous said...

Blessings for Sparky and your family Alex. I'm so sorry for loss. It sounds like he was a very loved and lucky little guy.