My blog

Hi everyone, this is my first attempt at blogging, please be patient with me. I have always been passionately interested in science and always been a committed Christian who believes in the creative power of God, and I honestly believe that the two are not mutually exclusive. I would like to use this blog to explore this relationship.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Alpha Course

http://www.facebook.com/ukalphacourse#!/ukalphacourse

My wife and I recently attended the Alpha course at our church, Grace Community church and enjoyed it tremendously.  It looks at Christianity in a whole different light.  Example:  many people think that there is a very wide gulf between God and us.  There isn't though.  Really.  God, we believe, came to Earth in the person of Jesus, and lived and died for us, that we might be redeemed and given new life, a better direction for our lives.  And this is the gift that we are given through the Holy Spirit, that we might not only represent Christ, but have our God living in us.  Forever.  We send our prayers up (whichever direction that really is) and God's grace is sent to us. 

(The food is great too!)

No comments: