My blog

Hi everyone, this is my first attempt at blogging, please be patient with me. I have always been passionately interested in science and always been a committed Christian who believes in the creative power of God, and I honestly believe that the two are not mutually exclusive. I would like to use this blog to explore this relationship.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tycho, new planet?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/14/tyche-hidden-planet_n_823028.html?utm_source=Triggermail&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Daily+Brief&utm_campaign=daily_brief

I noticed this and thought it worthy of inclusion here.  It's huge, so they say, and dwarfs even Jupiter, and it's very far out, 15,000 astronomical units.  That compares impressively with 40 units, which is how far out Pluto is.  Our Earth is about 93 million miles from the Sun, which one astronomical unit is defined as being.  This is why astronomy fascinates me--the incredible distances involved. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00555/tyche3_555342a.pdf

No comments: