My blog

Hi everyone, this is my first attempt at blogging, please be patient with me. I have always been passionately interested in science and always been a committed Christian who believes in the creative power of God, and I honestly believe that the two are not mutually exclusive. I would like to use this blog to explore this relationship.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

No arms, no legs, no worries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciYk-UwqFKA

I did a bit of thinking before posting this.  Some of us complain a lot and sometimes we think we're really, incredibly, hard-done by.  But this guy, Nick Vujicic, inspires me to be thankful for what I have.  He has no arms and no legs but can do quite well without them.  He can golf, swim, dive, play soccer (though doesn't play goal that well). . .In this video he gives a speech to some school-kids and has their complete attention.  Many, girls and boys, have tears in their eyes, not because they feel sorry for him, but because he inspires them too.  They hug him as thanks and are very emotional.  I don't know if he is a believer in God or not but I would bet that he is.  I can see it in his face, in his smile.  He shares his spirit and his story, himself.  It's amazing. 

I also don't know if this has anything to do with science, but I would think that there are a lot of scientists studing him and people like him, to figure out better ways to help the physically disabled.  Praise God for those without what we take for granted.

1 comment:

~Crazy 4 Daizies~ said...

~I've seen this video before, but he never ceases to amaze me. What a wonderful attitude about life. It's nice to see how the young people hang onto his every word and show compassion as he speaks.