My blog

Hi everyone, this is my first attempt at blogging, please be patient with me. I have always been passionately interested in science and always been a committed Christian who believes in the creative power of God, and I honestly believe that the two are not mutually exclusive. I would like to use this blog to explore this relationship.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

from "The Christian Agnostic" by Dr. Leslie Weatherhead.

This book, from 1965, has always been a favourite book of mine.  In it Dr. Weatherhead makes a very valid point, that:

"Paul was a great theologian, as well as a great saint and a heroic missionary, but we are not bound to imprison our minds in his theories.  Newton was a great scientist, but it is no disparagement of Newton to realize that even schoolboys (and girls) today know more than he did about atoms.  Thought moves on in every field of inquiry."

I think his point is that no-one ever has all the answers, not theologians, not scientists, no-one.  God (for example) is bigger than our minds can ever conceive and that is how it should be.

No comments: