My blog

Hi everyone, this is my first attempt at blogging, please be patient with me. I have always been passionately interested in science and always been a committed Christian who believes in the creative power of God, and I honestly believe that the two are not mutually exclusive. I would like to use this blog to explore this relationship.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Very large storms on Sun

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/15/great-eruption-solar-explosion_n_796744.html

Intense storms apparently covering half the sun's surface.  Solar flares 400,000 miles high.  Not human-friendly on the surface of the sun!

http://www.bing.com/videos/?FORM=MFEVID&publ=86A2F0DB-6F41-42B4-B28F-215BE6F24A97&crea=STND_MFEVID_core_HuffPoQ2FY2011_CustomVidLink_1x1&q=sun+eruption&docid=305760240838&FORM=HUFPST#

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alex Thanks for the words in my blog.

About the sun when young was passionate about astronomy, this time I started the course but could not finish Astrophysics, marriage children, and had to leave the university to work in Bank, plans were changed and stayed with the Faculty of Business Administration. But the Sun has its phases but there is even a calendar with explosions, radiation diseases, and pests in agriculture related to the Sun, well you should know this too ... THE IMAGE OF VIDEO IS FASCINATING. THANKS FOR THE POST, LOVE ALL THIS A LOT.

Alex said...

It was a dream of mine when I was young to become an astronomer, but I was a terrible student in school and my science and mathematics were not what was needed. I was not proud of them. Thanks for posting.